THE SKINNER'S

THE SKINNER'S

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

CALEB JORRYN

CALEB JORRYN - "Faithful One Whom God Loves"

"But my servant Caleb, because he has had a different spirit and has followed me fully, I will bring into the land which he entered (the promised land) and his descendants shall take possession of it." Numbers 14:24



Our Caleb is filled with such a unique compilation of personality traits. He is a rule follower in the sense that once he is told a rule he is quick to declare it over and over.....he KNOWS every rule we've ever given him and he'll tell every child who enters our home if they are breaking one of the rules or "doing it wrong". And yet, he is the most determined when it comes to breaking and pushing against those rules......he bucks them like a wild bull one moment and the next he's demanding us all to follow them and do things the "right way."

I am convinced that this is the combination that makes the Caleb of the Old Testament such a hero. Once he knew that God was the True God he could not help but follow Him. He could NOT sit back and let the Israelites decide not to follow God.....he HAD to speak up with passion and remind them that God TOLD THEM to go in and take the land.....following God's instructions was far too important to sit back and be quiet.

"Then Caleb quieted the people before Moses and said, "We should by all means go up and take possession of it (the promised land), for we will surely overcome it." Numbers 13:30

It is my prayer for our Caleb to grow up in the Lord, learning about the power and sovereignty of His Name so that he will harness all that fight and passion and determination into a drive to obey God in all that he does.



OUR Caleb is fisty, determined, competitive, bold, assertive, energetic, constantly in motion, moving 110% at all times.......and yet.....he is completely loyal and protective of those he loves. He has a strong sense of brotherhood and family and will no-doubt stand up for those who are close to him in his life. Loving? Oh he's loving in his loyalty......my favorite saying that he says at least once every other day is this:

"Mommy I just have to tell you one more thing.......(he pauses until he sees that I've stopped moving and he has my undivided attention)........Do you know that I love you??"

Yes, I LOVE this little boy and I pray for wisdom from God in how to guide him into all that God has for him......

as for now, he's still my baby.....




No comments:

Post a Comment