THE SKINNER'S

THE SKINNER'S

Saturday, July 13, 2013

CALEB'S HEART


I love so many things about Caleb Skinner.  One of the most precious things for me to experience is his talking.  I'm being honest.  He talks about everything.  Every thought in his head comes out of his mouth, and it's fascinating.  
This morning he woke up and the first words out of his mouth were about T Rex and whether or not he would try to eat a dinosaur from the water or if he only ate dinosaurs on land.....and if he could eat dinosaurs in the water, do I think there's a dinosaur that might beat T Rex because he probably can't swim very well with his big belly and little arms because when you swim you do use your arms a lot, and maybe T Rex in the water is like Cheetahs on land who can run fast but get tired really quickly.......etc. 

The other day he said the coolest thing.....
The four of us were in the car and the kids started to argue about something.  We put them both in time out so they couldn't talk.  When the time out was finished Caleb said, 

"You know what guys?  I think time outs are good because they give me time to calm down and talk to God about my choice.  And that  helps me to make a better choice."

Are you serious??  He's exactly right.  But what a cool person to share it with us and to be so honest.  Sounds like another man that I love!


I LOVE YOU CALEB SKINNER!
I love being your Mama and seeing you everyday as you learn about the world around you and the God who created it.  You have a beautiful spirit, a curious mind, and a passionate heart.  You are beautifully and wonderfully made and it is one of the greatest joys of my life to call you my Son.  
I love you sweetheart.

No comments:

Post a Comment