THE SKINNER'S

THE SKINNER'S

Monday, June 8, 2009

Willing To Help With Anything


Have you ever met someone and, though you didn't have a chance to really spend a lot of quality time with them, you feel like their actions gave you a direct view of their heart?? Well, this is how I feel about Amanda. I met Amanda in England, and though we didn't have much one on one time together, I feel like I know the person that she is. These are the things I noticed........
1. She is a hard worker. Every day I saw her volunteering her time at the church. She cleaned out toys for children, cleaned and organized the kitchen, kept track of the little details of making the building nice and the items clean.
2. She volunteers her time quickly and willingly. I went to the church each day with Audrey and Amanda was always there to ask Audrey if there was anything else that she could help with, little odd jobs, or larger jobs that needed to be done. She never minded if there was a lot or a little to do, she just wanted to help in any way she could.
3. She is full of joy. I truly don't remember seeing Amanda frowning. She was smiling everytime that I saw her. I mean, really, who does that?? I'm a smiler, but you can always catch me at some point in the day with a serious look on my face. But not Amanda, she just smiled as she worked!
4. She's very hospitable. Like I said, Amanda and I didn't get any one on one time together, but she offered to help me with anything that I needed or wanted each day. She would bring me tea when I got to the church, or just check in to see what I'd been doing that day. One day she even went home to get a pair of binoculars for Chris and I to use because we had planned to go to the top of a high tower and she wanted to be sure that we saw all that we could! How thoughtful is that??

Amanda reminds of me of something I read in 1 Timothy 2:9-10
"Likewise I want women to adorn themselves by means of good works, as is proper for women making a claim to godliness. "

I think Amanda's actions show the fruit of God's spirit within her heart.
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law." Galatians 5: 22-23

And I pray that God would build upon the solid foundation which He has already begun in her life.
"I thank my God in all my remembrance of you always offering prayer with joy in my every prayer for you, in view of your participation in the gospel from the first day until now. For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1: 3-6


No comments:

Post a Comment