THE SKINNER'S

THE SKINNER'S

Thursday, December 1, 2011

IN VITRO FERTILIZATION - APRIL 2011

My surgery is here. Same day surgery. Chris rode me over to the surgery center and sat with me as I got prepped and then off I went to count backwards and fall asleep.

My doctor said that it went really well and he showed us pictures of where the scar tissue was and where he was able to cut to remove it. I didn't have any pain when I woke up but he did give me one pain pill as I left just in case.

It's funny. Chris and I laugh at how long it takes me to wake up from surgeries. I guess since I'm not used to medicine it takes basically nothing to knock me out and keep me out! So, as expected, when I awoke there was Chris at my side, surrounded by nurses who were giggling and "Oooing" and "Aaaaahhhing" at his stories. They all knew our entire story and all of our plans for invitro and hopefully more babies. Some had tears in their eyes and smiles on their faces......yup, that's my Chris. That's what I love about him. He shares his heart and his life with whoever he is with and his passion and excitement is contagious. So I awoke and immediately had a smile on my face and in my heart watching him. Oh how I love this man.

The rest of the day looked pretty typical for me after a surgery......sleep on the couch.....wake up to see Chris at my side......throw up once.......then all better by night time.
That's my typical story and that's what happened this time. The kids were being watched by a friend so the house was quiet and I could rest as much or as little as I wanted. It was great to finally be moving forward in our process.....that seemed like a long 3 months to wait from January to April!

No comments:

Post a Comment