THE SKINNER'S

THE SKINNER'S

Thursday, December 1, 2011

IN VITRO FERTILIZATION - JULY 2011

I finally got my "real" period and was able to schedule my ultrasound so see the results of the surgery. Going into the appointment I thought that they would set me up with birth control (the first step of the in vitro cycle). However, that's not how it works.

Fortunately, the ultrasound showed no scar tissue and everything looked great! WHEW! However, I needed to wait until my next period came and then after it was finished THEN I'd be able to start the birth control and then go right into the in vitro cycle. But, when I counted the days and did the math if I started birth control in August I would be ready for the implant the first week in October......which is when we were already scheduled to go to the OuterBanks, NC for a week! UGH! I called my in vitro nurse and she confirmed my calculations and said we should wait another month and start the birth control in September - my, my, my! OK, I'm getting good at waiting!

Another BIG event happening at this time was having the embryos shipped from North Carolina to Texas! Yes, our first in vitro cycle was through Wake Forest's Fertility Center and that is where our little babies were. So we needed to have them shipped here to our new clinic and their new embryologist. So I contacted the embryologist there and faxed and signed all my consents and then coordinated the whole trip. First our embryologist here would overnight a "dry shipper" (what keeps them safe and at the right temperature and right state of dehydration) to NC on a Monday. On Tuesday they would receive it and overnight our embryos to TX. This way our embryologist here would have plenty of time to receive them during the week so that they wouldn't arrive on a weekend with no one at the clinic to receive them and get them safely to their new storage unit. Our embryologist here was awesome and she led me through the entire process. She called me the moment she received them and told me they arrived safely and that she'd take good care of them. I felt so much comfort from her and she was so patient in explaining every detail to me so that I knew what was happening.

OUR BABIES ARE IN TEXAS! THE WHOLE FAMILY IS FINALLY HERE!!!! BEST YET, THEY'RE ONLY A FEW BLOCKS AWAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment