THE SKINNER'S

THE SKINNER'S

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A GLIMPSE

Every now and then the activities slow down, the "to do" list fades away, the noisy background becomes quiet, and a stillness enters my heart and soul long enough to give me
a glimpse.......
        a glimpse.....
                a glimpse.....

A glimpse into something......a view........a perspective......something very real.......it's hard to put my finger on it.......I'm not sure that I have the words......

But I suddenly have a deep knowing in my soul that all I can do is give my heart and my hopes to the Lord, to Jesus.  I can't control much in this life or in this world........

But I can surrender my heart and my hope to Jesus that eternity with Him is real.  I can't make people understand my perspective, I can't make everyone like and agree with us, I can't make someone give me a job or give us money, I can't make Chris completely healthy, I can't protect my children from every pain and evil thing surrounding them.......I can't do much.......I don't have the control......I didn't design life that way, but every now and then I remember......the sobering reality of life comes to me........and instead of creating fear......


 every now and then, it creates SURRENDER

a surrender deep in my soul that admits that I don't have control over more in my life than I care to think.....and so I put my hope.......a flicker of hope......sometimes very faint......sometimes very strong.......
                  I put a flicker of hope, all that I have, and all that I am, into spending eternity with God, with Jesus.  I surrender my desires, my plans, my ideas, my emotions, my fears, my dreams, my self.  I surrender it to Him.

And when I do,
                  I get a glimpse
                                     of PEACE.

THAT is what it is.  I can see it now.  DEEP PEACE in my being.  DEEP PEACE that gives me rest.  Rest from worry, rest from planning, rest from "doing".

A peace-filled stillness.

There's nothing like it.
                                                                                                             


No comments:

Post a Comment